Join this interactive workshop and fill your teaching and group facilitation toolbox with experiential, brain-based techniques to engage and connect learners, create a positive and supportive learning community, and maximize social-emotional learning and academic outcomes.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based methods to actively engage students physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
- Strategies for increasing buy-in and ownership of learning
- Interactive activities to build community while enlivening academic lessons and differentiating instruction
- Ways to cultivate social and emotional skills such as communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-regulation, decision-making, self-awareness, emotional expression, conflict resolution and reflection
- Techniques for developing responsive and nurturing relationships teacher to student and peer to peer
- Embedding instruction in play and using games and activities to teach and reinforce content and cultivate a connected classroom
- New research from the field of educational neuroscience and its impact on learning, teaching, and social-emotional skills development
- Reflective tools to help learners find meaning, increase depth of understanding, and application to future learning
These activities can be facilitated in any size space with simple materials. They can be adapted to varying ages, settings, and abilities. Participants will take away strategies that will help them build a positive environment for learning, develop social-emotional skills, actively engage learners, and promote a positive culture in their group sessions, school or workplace.
Workshop tuition includes lunch and a copy of Jen Stanchfield’s book Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner: Experiential, Brain-Based Activities and Strategies to Engage, Motivate, Build Community and Create Lasting Lessons.
DATE and TIMES: May 2, 2019; 9:00am-4:00pm
LOCATION: World Learning/School for International Training campus, Brattleboro
FEES: $139, includes text and lunch
INSTRUCTOR: Jen Stanchfield
REGISTER: Complete registration form below
Bookings are no longer available for this event.